Executive Director’s Welcome
Thank you for the opportunity to expound upon our agency.
In 1945 The Pittsfield Housing Authority, directed by Arthur McGill, was given a mission by HUD nationally and from DHCD on the state level; “Provide and develop quality affordable housing opportunities for individuals and families while promoting self-sufficiency and neighborhood revitalization.” Today we strive to accomplish this mission through the application of these Guiding Principles:
- Believe that housing is a basic right and a foundation for success in life. All of us benefit when our citizens have a safe place to call home. It is not enough to simply have a roof over one’s head. We support to the best of our abilities the lives of our residents with excellent programs for their individual growth and welfare.
- Our residents are part of their neighborhood and society as a whole. We are proud of the communities we help create and the housing we build and manage. We aim to keep them safe and peaceful.
- People need to choose the housing that best meets their individual needs, and those needs evolve and change. We work hard to appreciate and support our residents throughout the evolution of their lives and circumstances.
- We deserve and require the public’s support and confidence for the resources they entrust in our agency. Resources are finite and our programs and services must be energy efficient,sustainable and economically viable.
- We respect the whole person, whether resident or employee. Our work place responds to individual needs and the benefit of the whole. We are fair. We listen to everyone associated with our efforts.
- Integrity is never compromised. The conduct of our business must be pursued in a manner that is socially responsible and commands respect for its integrity and positive contribution to the welfare of our residents.
By adhering to these principles we continue to fulfill this mission. Thank you for visiting our page.
Sharon A. LeBarnes, Executive Director